As a startup entrepreneur and DIY marketer trying to conquer the world, I and our team have learned many things the hard way when beginning search engine optimization, or SEO in short, for international market.
Sure we have read and watched a ton of content regarding SEO, and done a lot of it for Finnish market and language. We tought we knew it all.
However, most SEO guides, videos and posts are made for marketers targeting their home country or just their home town, not international markets. Thus they are not covering everything you need to know, we learned. And that cost us many months of work.
When I speak with other startup and SaaS-entrepreneurs, it seems many are missing these same pieces of information when they begin their journey into SEO and especially international SEO.
In this post, I will cover:
- Avoid personalized search results with Incognito or Private mode
- There is not one Google. There is one for every country. And you rank differently on each one.
- How to use Google.com instead of Country Specific Version
- How to force Google Chrome to use google.com instead of Country Specific Version
- How to switch between google.com and your country specific version on Google Chrome
- How to search any country specific Google
So if you are search engine optimizing your content for international markets, whether using our Loyalistic as your blogging or landing page platform, or something else, check these out so you won't make the same mistakes we have made.